Monday, March 26, 2012

CAS meets CAS...

Yep, two inspirational challenges: Clean and Simple FTL sketch 183 and CAS-ual Friday, which was to use pastels and black on a CAS card.  Here's my take:

 I once again grabbed the beautiful CTMH "Lucy" paperpack that a precious friend gave me for my birthday.

 I used second generation stamping and a Hero Arts background stamp on the inside of my circle before stamping the sentiment (from one of my oldest stamp sets: Clearly wordsworth/I'm So Glad)

I have had plain chipboard butterflies in one of my drawers for ages. Confession: I'm a lazy crafter, so adhering, cutting and sanding paper to fit the shape of a butterfly never appealed to me. My poor butterflies remained unadorned and unused.Until I realized there's more than one way to cover a butterfly :)  This one was sooooo easy - I just daubed some Tim Holtz worn lipstick distress stain, then sprayed with heirloom gold Perfect Pearls Mist for a bit of shimmer. A quick background stamp over that (before it even dried...I'm not only lazy, I'm impatient :)  ) and a little distress ink on the edges and I was done. Total time was about 5 minutes!

Thanks for stopping by!
Marie with a :)




2 comments:

Michele Gross said...

I love the little details like the curled edge of the paper and the gems on the butterfly-so pretty! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Wow! This is absolutely gorgeous! Amazing detail! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! We're so glad you did!