Thursday, March 29, 2012

Still Playing With The Powder (And some proof for my friend...)

What's worse than having a sick child?
Having a sick child WHILE you are sick yourself.
What's worse than having a sick child while you are sick yourself?
Having a sick child while you are sick yourself while on SPRING BREAK.
What's worse than having a sick child while you are sick yourself while on SPRING BREAK?
Having a sick child while you are sick yourself while on SPRING BREAK when the weather is absolutely gorgeous and begging for some outdoor time.
Yeah, it's been one of those weeks.
But it could be worse.
I did manage a little play time:
 I once again used embossing powder, distress ink, and background stamps to make some unique background papers.  First, on glossy paper stamp your background stamp with versamark ink then liberally apply powder.  Use embossing tool to heat/set.  When dry, rub distress ink (or anything other than pigment ink. Distress inks give a more subtle color.)  Wipe off excess ink with a rag.  Use second generation stamping to add font. (Second generation stamping means that after you ink up your image, you first stamp on another piece of paper then on your project. It gives a lighter image than "first generation" stamping - stamping directly onto your project.)
 I cut my paper into three pieces and matted on black cardstock, added some die cut flowers and prisma flowers as well as a sentiment.


 Here's another example of home made background and texture paper (or designer paper...you say toe-mae-toe, I say tah-mah-toe...)



Another one of those photos I can't seem to rotate :( 




 I used the same basic technique for creating these die-cut butterflies. It's pretty hard to see int he photo but they are shimmery and have some dimension/texture from the embossing.




Thanks for stopping by!
Marie with a :)

PS I recently overheard a friend telling someone how organized my craft room was. I almost choked on my guacamole.  Here's proof, LeeAnn, that organized I am not:



2 comments:

Patrice said...

Great cards! Hope you'll join me again at 52 Card Pickup...there's a giveaway this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/03/52-card-pickup-week-13-giveaway.html#comment-form

Sharon-The OKI StampQueen said...

I can sooo relate. Well-no kiddos and no spring break-but I feel miserable! The cards are great-I love the confession on the scrap space-hoping to hit mine to clean up 15 mins. at a time today--my groupies all think everything I make comes out perfect the first time! yeah, right! Hope you (WE!) feel better soon! Blessings, Sharon