Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Playing Hooky

I didn't mean for it to happen. Really. Playing hooky was the farthest thing from my mind this morning. The girls and I simply planned a trip to the library to look for some books for research papers they have to write. On the way, Elizabeth wanted to stop at the Dollar Tree to look for a present for my birthday (the girl's got a limited budget...) The fact that the Colorado sun was flashing its tempting smile, the Tale of Despareaux was playing at Cinema Grill (which is next door to the Dollar Tree) and it was dollar day all conspired together with three giggly girls and their mom. So not a lot of academics were done today, but we did enjoy ourselves. Now I'm waiting for Scott to get home so we can go for a long walk to counter the effects of movie theater chili cheese fries...and I'm feeling thankful.


I did manage to get three birthday cards in the mail before we headed out. I'm posting one of them that uses the Key to My Heart paper pack and Stamp Set. The inside reads: YOU. Happy Birthday.

























The second card is a Thank You card using the Amore paper pack and Damask Tiles (C1342) stamp set. I made it last night before watching Traitor with Alyssa and Jay. I seem to be watching a lot more movies than I ever used to!






















Wishing you sunshine regardless of the weather,
Marie with a :-)

No comments: