Friday, January 14, 2011

Thank You, Aaron Brown :)

Even before I had a blog, I followed Aaron Brown's blog.  She's just fabulously creative and as a fellow CTMH consultant, I've often look to her for inspiration.  I used her teabag Valentine idea (if you scrolled down a little on her blog you will have spotted it) as a springboard for these:
 Masculine Valentines are a challenge for me since my guys don't go for any of the "mushy" stuff...in fact, the little heart inside the guitar is probably too much but they'll just have to deal with it :) The tiny bags come from Target and they are a packet of about 12 for just a couple of dollars if my memory serves me right. I've had them for at least a year!

 I LOVE the new Sweetheart paper!
 They don't photograph well, but the CTMH pretty pins continue to be a favorite embellishment of mine. I haven't checked to see if they are retired...uh oh.
 My "club" girls are going to use the Magnifique Workshop on The Go kit tomorrow for cardmaking. I made a couple of extra cards to do in addition to the ones in the kit.  I like tearing a bit off the bottom of a card and coupling with second generation stamping.
This is what it looks like "opened" a bit.

A masculine valentine :)

Thanks for stopping by!
Marie with a :)

4 comments:

Jamie Harder said...

Wow...so many amazing projects!!!! I soooo struggle with masculine stuff - thanks for the loads of inspiration!

Unknown said...

We both had tea on our minds lately! Beautiful projects, Marie! Have a great workshop with your girls!

Kathi Carlson said...

Great cards, Marie. I especially love the one that holds the tea packet. All wonderful!

Carla said...

These are great!! I especially love the masculine valentine!