Saturday, February 6, 2010

Card Patterns

I had to check out Card Patterns because my blogging friend Christi is the guest designer.  Anyway, when I saw this sketch
I knew I could just toss together a couple of the scraps on my table to make something - because Christi was very liberating when she said "the sketch is just a preliminary idea"
I had a few good friends over today for some crafting/celebration time and was feeling pretty blessed so I knew what sentiment I wanted to go with the "scraps" - you make this world a better place.  This card was easily the quickest card I have ever made!
Now, after a day of playing while my husband worked, I'm going to go fix some dinner before we head to church.
Grateful for this wonderful life,
Marie with a :-)
My Wonderful Life

8 comments:

Tracey said...

LOVE the soft subdued colours...fantastic take on the sketch!! Thanks for playing along with us :)))

Sarah said...

WOW I LOVE it...for a quick card you blasted this challenge. Yay for Christi!!! LOVED her card too.

Mystic Jenn said...

Very pretty card... the color combos work so well on this card. Great Job

Jennifer

Meghana said...

I love the soft colours you've chosen. Very pretty!!

stampmonkey said...

This is so pretty, Marie! Nice selection of scraps you had to choose from, and how fun that you had friends to 'play' with! ;) I wish mine had been a quick one like yours --I always take too long with my cards. ;( Great job with the sketch!

yyam said...

What a pretty card! I love the sentiment! :)

Kimberly's Krafts said...

Beautiful card! LOVE the distressed look here!

papertrails leaver said...

stunning card!