Saturday, September 25, 2010

Painting the Roses Red



So they aren't roses.  And they aren't red.  But I DID color my flower with some tattered angels glimmer mist.
I got quite a number of bottles of the glitter mist back in March, for my birthday, and I've had a difficult time using them because they tend to "splotch" on me.  Tonight I sprayed some on a plastic bag and then used a dauber to apply it to my flower.  The result wasn't quite as shimmery as I had hoped, but I'm okay with it.
The card is for the Clean and Simple FTL 109
The sketch looked easy enough but for some reason I just couldn't seem to make it work. After several attempts, here's what I came up with:

Then I decided it  looked a little too bland so added another flower:


















All products are Close To My Heart, except for the glitter mist.

Thanks for stopping by,
Marie with a :)

4 comments:

Susan (peebsmama) said...

What a great shabby chic look.

Unknown said...

Great use of the pearly pin & I love the shabby chic look too with your pretty color combo!

Lea L. said...

Very pretty! I love the pearl stick pin you used! Great job with FTL 109!!

♥♥♥Lea

Krista said...

Very pretty card !!