Thursday, March 26, 2009

Snow Day = Play Day :-) Lotsa pics...

It didn't look like it was going to be a blustery day when I took Matthew to swim at 5:30 this morning. He was, however, the only student there and his swim coach told him that school had been canceled. I was pretty doubtful when I picked him up at 7:30...it still wasn't looking like the blizzard everyone was buzzing about. By mid afternoon, however, we did get a decent snow fall. Not enough to keep teenagers at home though!
This morning my incredible children all worked together to help me get invites out for my card sale. I had them mailed by 10:30 this morning. Matthew created these labels for me to put on the back of all my cards!
Later this afternoon I did some playing. When I rearranged my craft room a few weeks ago, I realized that I have a glut of supplies that I kind of cast aside when I became a Close To My Heart consultant. I have been trying to use them more, lately.

This uses Making Memories paper, a Close To My Heart window charm,a stamp from inkadinkado and a random sentiment (not sure where it's from!)

More to Adore paper from Close To My Heart, Life Delights stamp set (CTMH), Dream Wishes stamp set (CTMH) and an unidentified hello sentiment. I love the fact that acrylic stamps can be "shaped" such as making this hello fit inside the circle.


I found this mini magnetic box in my stash of goods. I decided to make a box of cards for my mom. I'm EXTREMELY late in getting her birthday gift out to her...but now she'll have this box of cards to go with it :-)




Front view of the box. More of the Making Memories paperpack. The flower came from an Archiver's hotspot ($1.99 bin) and was a set of 3 flowers called Steel Manolias by Imaginesce.



The sentiment came from a book given to me by my friend Donna Gondrez...I printed it out on the computer.



Here's the first card that I made for the box. I really wanted the emphasis to be on the sentiment, which is a wooden stamp by Stampabilities.


Hmm, I should tidy the chaos in my craft room...but I think I'll go read instead :-)
Blessings,
Marie with a :-)

No comments: